For many torrenting enthusiasts, Yify has always been a home-coming option. You knew you could find quality content here. HD, and now 4K movies are all waiting for you to watch or download.
It’s completely free, just like it should, but the only issue is that what it does isn’t exactly legal. Defying the copyright regulations, infringing on the copyright holders’ rights and distributing media content without their consent – this is why many ISPs are blocking Yify.
Fortunately, there are a couple of mirrors and proxies that you can use to access the popular torrenting website. They have yet to be banned.
Here they are:
- https://yts.ag/ – Very Fast
- http://www.yify-movies.net – Very Fast
- https://yts.unblocked.pub/ – Very Fast
- http://yify.live/ – Fast
- http://yify.is/ – Normal
- https://yts.gs/ – Very Fast
- https://yts.unlockproj.club/ – Normal
- https://yts.unblocked.team/ – Very Fast
1. Are they dangerous in any way?
It all depends on the proxy itself, really. With the old Yify, you were pretty much sure that nothing strange was going to happen. There were no viruses or hackers prowling about.
With the mirrors, you can’t know that. Each is hosted by a different individual who can’t be trusted. He might very well be an upstanding netizen who just wants to share good torrenting experiences, but he could also want to steal your data and make you his online bitch.
You need to be vigilant when accessing any of the aforementioned proxies, but they’re most likely fine. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take some counter-measures, just in case something bad comes your way.
One thing to keep in mind is that Yify has always been free. Don’t succumb to the temptation by paying for these services, if one of the proxies demand it. Evacuate the premises immediately if this is the case. That one’s most likely a scam.
And I assume you didn’t come here to be scammed. As always, if you want to really protect yourself, then there’s only one way you can do that efficiently – with a good VPN.
And what better way to continue this article than talking about some of the best VPNs on the market?
2. Soar through the cyber-skies with the help of VPNs
I wasn’t kidding when I said that a good VPN is the only real way to defend yourself against any and all cyber-threats. I’m also not blowing my sails with the title – you can do anything you want on the internet as long as you have a VPN behind your back.
This is because the encryption protocols will hide your IP, you’ll become a ghost, anonymous and unknown. However, a VPN does so much more than this.
Let’s take a look at the top 3 online security providers in the industry:
While not the oldest VPN alive, NordVPN is certainly the best and most proficient. Proficient in what? In systematically eliminating all threats that act against your device, and in giving you a free pass to the world wide web. It’s the VPN you go to when all others have failed.
This is what it’s all about:
- The AES-256-bit encryption protocol that this online security provider uses has yet to be cracked. By anyone. Currently, it’s the absolute best method to hide data and encrypt files.
Superluminal server speeds – get ready to feel your body disintegrate into atoms, and your eyeballs pop out of their sockets as NordVPN’s servers start up the hyper-drives. Reaching up to 500 Mbps, these technological beauties are able to take on anything from HD, Ultra HD, 4K, 5K, Ultra 10K, and peer into the fucking future.
- Extremely responsive and professional customer support that’ll drive you nuts. The FAQ section of their website is filled with priceless information, tips and tricks, technical details, anything you need to fix your issue. If you still have problems, contact the 24/7 live chat. They’ll rock your world and get you back on your feet.
- A kill-switch to turn off your internet connection should the VPN crash
- Modern-looking VPN client with a simplistic outlook that’ll make you crave for more. The website is as professional as it is easy to use. Everything you need to know is shown on the starting page, where you have links to multiple web-pages with further details
- As for the VPN platform itself, it’s so easy to use that you’ll instinctively know what to do the first time you lay your eyes on it. The large map showing you the location of all the servers is where you’ll spend most of your time.
- Very accessible prices. $11.99 per month for a one-month plan, and the longer you subscribe for, the less you pay. The quality-price rapport is the best on the market with NordVPN
CyberGhost made high-speed streaming a reality. Based in Romania, this VPN takes the concept of speed to a whole other level. You’ll know what I’m talking about once you actually try it out. But let me tell you, it certainly doesn’t lose out to NordVPN.
These are its specs:
- Almost perfect security and privacy systems. It has mostly everything NordVPN has, except the obfuscated servers, and the DoubleVPN feature. CyberGhost is also based in Romania, like I said, and this doesn’t only mean great speeds. It also means no data-retention laws. Yeah, there’s a zero-logging policy in full effect here.
- Excessively fast speeds – think about NordVPN and go a little bit further for the high-speed servers that you’ll come across on CyberGhost’s list. In general, the two VPNs aren’t very different in this respect. Both are incredibly fast.
- Customer support – excellent. The live chat which works day and night to help you does it in a very professional way. It replies in a few hours, a day at the very most, when the schedule is busy as hell. The rest of the times, you’ll get a solution to your problem as soon as possible.
- Ease of use – lately, CyberGhost has updated the design and functionality of its website and VPN platform. Now, they’ve taken a full step into the modern era, and I have to give them top marks for this. You have access to 7 simultaneous connections as well
- A very good killswitch that turns your internet off when the VPN crashes or doesn’t respond anymore. This protects your IP from being exposed when the security system goes down.
- Spicier prices, but still under an acceptable range coming from a premium VPN with the highest-quality services.
A breath of fresh air, knowing that you’re safe and sound behind the vast array of security systems and late-gen servers of IPVanish. There’s something quite unique to this VPN that makes it stand its ground even when put against NordVPN and CyberGhost.
Here’s what you need to know:
- 10 simultaneous connections – the highest number of connections that any VPN will provide you with
- Very good server speeds. Although they aren’t as good as NordVPN’s or CyberGhost’s, you’ll still have no problems watching HD or 4K movies. On some of the high-speeds servers, you’ll reach up to 200-300 Mbps even.
- Because there are some countries where you’ll barely get to 50 Mbps, the overall score goes down somewhat.
- The second best things about IPVanish that trumps anything else on the market is its number of individual IP addresses. It has over 40.000 of them, while the next-best probably has around half of that amount. Obviously, it fully deserves its name, since more IP addresses mean you have more options to hide yourself
- Another advantage of a high number of servers and IP addresses is that you always have another backup plan if your favorite server becomes is congested by too much traffic.
- Customer support – one of the best. There’s really nothing I can point out against it. The live chat feature is very professional and the staff is responsive, helpful, and very well-documented. You won’t know what other people are talking about when they have issues with their VPN connection.
- Above the average privacy. In terms of security and encryption, IPVanish doesn’t differ much from NordVPN and CyberGhost. The only real downside I could point out is that it’s based in the US
- As you might know, the US is part of the 14-Eyes Surveillance Alliance, and internet freedom isn’t what it used to be here. There have been previous cases when the government asked for VPN logs in search for certain individuals.
- IPVanish maintains a true-no-logging policy in effect, but you never know
- Lower prices than its competitors. Being a premium VPN with high-quality services, you’d expect higher overall prices, but you’d be surprised to find out how cheap this VPN can be. This can be felt especially on the longer subscriptions
3. Suit up and start-up your cyber-mech. VPN, fire away!
You’ll be a walking behemoth walking on the battlefield, stepping on the broken bodies of your enemies, blasting away all threats. This is what it means to subscribe to a premium VPN.
The three I told you about, they are the very best in the industry, the sharpest blades in the armory, the bolt-action plasma sniper rifle that disintegrates anything you point it at.
Make an intelligent choice and go for one of them. Accessing the Yify proxies and mirrors sites becomes child’s play then.