Country of incorporation:
ProtonVPN – sounds like an energy weapon from the StarCraft franchise. It might have some highly-technological features after all though, seeing as how many reviewers have granted it the Best Free VPN award.
You heard right, this is a free VPN. Well, one part of it is, at least. There’s also a premium variant waiting for you to make the next step, burning with enthusiasm. Apparently, the premium version has plenty of cool features, and it rises to a new level of excellence.
- Five simultaneous connections
- Secure Core (Double VPN) network. Which is fast. And very secure
- Supports Bitcoin and cash for anonymous payments
- P2P torrenting is fully supported on certain servers
- DNS leak protection and a handy kill-switch
- No IP logs
- Supports routers
- WebRTC IPv6 leaks on Android and Windows
- Netflix and BBC iPlayer are inaccessible
Stay tuned for a more in-depth analysis of ProtonVPN.