Unblock 4Chan and 8Chan in Australia in five minutes:
If you want to get started right away, simply follow these instructions to unblock 4Chan or Chan in about five minutes:
- Click here to visit NordVPN and sign up
- Get the NordVPN Chrome or FireFox extension (or install app)
- Open the extension and choose New Zealand or USA from the map or list
- Access 4Chan or 8Chan
- Enjoy full access to all web content
Important: If you do not have admin access on the computer you are using and can’t install apps, you should use the NordVPN Chrome or FireFox extension. Even if you don’t have admin access you can still add extensions to Chrome or FireFox.
Australia decided tot restrict access to a handful of websites, amongst which there are 4chan and 8chan. This seems to be the only logical next step after the UK imposed the porn block.
It seems like we’re heading down a dark road, one where the freedom of speech and the right to be informed are less meaningful than a bar of salami.
Nikos Katinakis, the Telstra networks and IT executive said this – “We understand this may inconvenience some legitimate users of these sites, but these are extreme circumstances and we feel this is the right thing to do”.
First off, the inconvenience they’re talking about is not just that, it’s a blatant assault on the freedom of speech and an attack on the integrity of a free internet. It’s an attempt to control the information, the lack of which would somehow… leave people uninformed?
Moreover, this isn’t a decision you take just because you “feel” like it. You have to carefully take into consideration the moral implications as well as the possible repercussions of doing so.
Optus and Vodafone also joined in the fun and blocked access to 4chan and 8chan, because this is such a wonderful idea to put into practice.
In any case, leaving the idiocy aside, we should deal with the matter at hand. How can you unblock these websites in Australia?
1. And the answer is quite simple - VPNs
By using VPNs, of course. Whenever someone blocks access to a service or a website, know that the solution is always close-by.
A Virtual Private Network gives you unrestricted access to the internet, whether it’s the dark web, PornHub, 4chan, 8chan or the Church of Satan. It can easily bypass any restrictions and blocks with no real consequences.
This is how it gets done:
- With the VPN turned on, connect to a server of your choice, other than an Australian one, evidently
- You will be assigned a new IP address that creates a new virtual identity for you. For all outside sources, you will appear to live in the country where that server is located, and not in Australia
- This way, any local geo-blocking mechanisms will be rendered useless because they won’t even detect you. They’re programmed to activate on users that have an Australian IP, and you don’t anymore. So, for all intents and purposes, you are invisible to them
- The security features and encryption protocols that cover your internet traffic make it impossible for ISPs and government officials to track you or find out what you’re doing on the internet
- The kill-switch feature cuts off your internet connection if the VPN client crashes, so your real IP isn’t exposed
Now, let’s go into more details about the exact VPNs you should consider using.
The undisputed leader of the VPN industry, NordVPN provides you with high-quality services, top performance, and incredible security standards, and the subscription plans are cheap as well.
- 24/7 live chat that will become your best friend. Any issue you have is nothing in the eyes of the staff team, and you will receive a reply as soon as you ask the question.
- Excellent privacy and jurisdiction – based in Panama which has no data-retention laws, and it’s outside the 14-Eyes Surveillance Alliance, NordVPN enforces a true zero-logging policy that leaves no stone unturned. No logs are collected, ever.
- Very good speeds – maximum bursts of 500 Mbps in terms of downloading speed. This performance is likely unmatched across the VPN industry, with a few exceptions here and there
- More than 5200 servers in 62 countries – a very expansive network spread across the globe
- Easy-to-use VPN client
- Double data encryption that comes in the form of the DoubleVPN feature
- No IP or DNS leaks detected
- Torrenting/P2P allowed and fully supported
- Netflix is accessible
- 30-day money-day guarantee
- Obfuscated servers that hide the fact you’re using a VPN. Just in case you’re living under an oppressive regime that doesn’t allow for the use of online security providers, this feature eliminates any risks of you being exposed
- Tor over VPN feature – combine the extensive functions and potential of the VPN with the solid and bare-metal security of the Tor network. Privacy + top-notch protection
- Discounts only available on longer subscriptions
This online security provider is another premium choice for people who want to unblock 4chan and 8chan in Australia. More than this, it’s a much more expansive tool that, in the right hands, can make your life much easier.
Let’s see what it’s all about:
- True zero-logging policy
- Romanian jurisdiction – out of the 14-Eyes Surveillance Alliance’s zone of influence, and also a reason why CyberGhost’s server speeds are so crazy. This country’s ISPs are absolute nutjobs about internet speed. They’re willing to go to any lengths to provide top-notch performance
- Very easy to use, with an intuitive interface, and a good-looking aspect
- Torrenting allowed
- No leaks detected
- Very affordable plans with prices fit for all pockets
- A maximum of 7 simultaneous connections available
- 3745 servers located in 60 countries
- Available on Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, and Linux, if you follow the official setup guides
- Compatible with Tor
- Works with Netflix
- Live chat customer service that replies almost instantly to all queries
- Bad user reviews on the internet, although the vast majority of these reviews were written by inexperienced people who have no clue on what to expect from VPN provider
- Suspicious parent company – Kape Technologies, formerly known as Crossrider Plc, an ad tech company based in Israel that used to distribute malware on the web. And they’re still doing that
IPVanish is the third and final entry on our list. A premium VPN based in the US, this online security provider has all it takes to protect your behind from any unwanted guests spying on you.
It can easily unblock 4chan and 8chan as well.
- No logging – true zero-logging policy in effect, despite the fact that the VPN is based in the US, a part of the 14-Eyes Surveillance Alliance
- Good encryption – the AES-256-bit protocol
- A few servers can access Netflix
- Torrenting allowed
- A very good download speed – only 18% slower than the ISP benchmark
- Servers in more than 60 countries
- Functional and intuitive VPN client
- Compatible with Tor
- Based in the US
- Higher-than-average prices
- No live chat
5. In the end, VPNs pave a way to internet freedom
Although Australia won’t be requesting any personal data from internet users, nor will it demand VPN logs, it has still blocked access to 4chan and 8chan, among other websites.
The right to be informed and to have access to information is sacred. Australia doesn’t seem to give a flying fuck about this though.
No problem, the issue isn’t as difficult to solve as they probably thought.
With a good VPN, let alone accessing 4chan and 8chan, you’ll also become impervious to such scare tactics in the future. You will no longer be restricted on the internet as long as you use NordVPN, CyberGhost or IPVanish.