Written by: Elizabeth March
You don’t know how to install the Exodus Kodi Krypton add-on? No problem. I have created this guide precisely in order to teach you how to set up the Exodus Kodi 17.6 add-on so that it works in any device without any problems.
You will be able to to use Kodi 17 Krypton together with Exodus without any errors and issues. Follow the steps below to find out what you need to do.
Installing Exodus on Kodi 17.6 Krypton is a little bit different that installing the add-on on earlier Kodi versions. The differences are however only very minor. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Kodi and go to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Addons”.
2. Make sure “Unknown Sources” is turned on.
3. Go back to the Kodi home screen and press “Settings”.
4. Go to “File Manager” -> “Add Sources”.
5. Select “None” and then type in or copy the following without the quotation marks: “http://kdil.co/repo/”.
6. Name this “Kodil” and then press OK.
7. Go back to the Kodi home screen and press “Add-ons”.
8. On the top-left corner press the “Package Installer” icon.
9. Press “Install from Zip file” and choose “Kodil”.
10. Select the kodil.zip and install is.
11. You will see the ad-on enabled notification after a few seconds.
12. Select “Instal from Repository”.
13. Open the Kodil Repo option.
14. Select Video Add-ons -> Exodus.
15. You should see the Exodus Addon Enabled notification.
16. Go back to the Kodi home screen and choose the “Addons” tab from the top-left corner.
17. You should see the Exodus add-on here.
And that’s it. I know it may seem long but if you follow these steps exactly as written above then it shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes total to properly set up the Exodus Kodi 17.6 Krypton add-on.
Beside the above described method (recommended), there is an alternative method of installing Kodi 17 Krypton. Follow the steps below:
1. In the Kodi app go to “System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Add-ons”.
2. Enable Unknown Sources and press Yes.
3. Go back to the Kodi home screen and press the Settings icon.
4. Go to File Manager -> Add Source.
5. Select None and enter the following: http://srp.nu/
6. Name this “Superreo” and then press OK.
7. Go to the home screen -> Add-ons and click the Package Installer icon.
8. Choose “Install from Zip File” -> “Super Repo” -> “Krypton” -> “Repositories”.
9. Choose superrepo -> superrepo.kodi.krypton.all.x.x.x.zip and install it.
10. Wait for the add-on enabled notification to appear.
11. Then select Install from Repository.
12. Choose Superrepo All [Krypton][v7] -> Video Add-ons.
13. Choose Exodus.
14. Go to the home screen and choose “Videos” -> “Add-ons” -> “Exodus”.
And that’s it. You can use both of the methods described here, they do the same things and in both cases you will have the Exodus add-on up and running on your Kodi 17 Krypton in no time.
It’s legal to use the Exodus add-on for Kodi. It may be illegal to watch copyrighted movies and TV shows depending on the country you are located in. In most western countries (I think all?) it’s illegal to watch pirated movies including with streaming apps such as Kodi and the Exodus add-on.
You can be detected to watch such movies or shows because a normal internet connection is not encrypted. If the authorities and your ISP want to see exactly what you do over the internet then they can do that very easily.
You can completely encrypt your web traffic so that no one will be able to see the content of your data – including your activities on Kodi and the Exodus add-on – by using a VPN.
A VPN will do two things for you. First, it will create a secure and anonymous connection between your device and the Kodi server from a different location that yours. For the world at large, it will appear that a completely different device from a different country than your is actually using Kodi and not you.
Second, a good VPN such as NordVPN will completely encrypt your web data making its contents invisible to anyone including your IPS. No one will be able to see what you’re actually doing on the internet – what sites you visit or watch you watch and where.
A good VPN for Kodi is NordVPN. It has advanced encryption and has it’s own secure and safe servers. NordVPN also does not keep any logs whatsoever about user activity. You will be completely anonymous when using Exodus on Kodi with NordVPN.
A VPN will prevent your ISP and anyone else to see what you are doing over the internet. You will have to install a VPN app directly onto your device on which Kodi and the Exodus add-on is installed as well.
I’ve already mentioned above that NordVPN is an excellent VPN which works perfectly with Kodi and Exodus and offers advanced encryption as well as keeps no logs. I recommend you use this VPN if you want to use the Exodus add-on for Kodi.
Follow the steps below to learn how to install a VPN for Kodi:
1. Sign up for a premium-encryption VPN, such as NordVPN.
2. Download and install the VPN app on your device.
3. Go to the dashboard of the VPN app.
4. Choose a server (preferably from a different country than yours).
5. Press “Go” or “Connect”.
6. Wait 10 seconds for the connection to be made.
7. Open Kodi and use it as you would it normally.
I strongly recommend you also use a VPN when using Kodi together with the Exodus add-on. This way you can avoid getting into trouble, as no one, not even your ISP, will be able to see what websites you visit or what kind of movies or TV shows you watch.
Remember though that streaming copyrighted content is illegal. We don’t condone watching copyrighted content, this guide was created in order to teach you how to install the Exodus Kodi 17 Krypton add-on on your device. It’s your responsibility of using this for legal means only.